#383. An "Erotic" Approach to the Climate Crisis | Dr. Andreas Weber
Available for free on:
Amazon Music | Apple Podcasts | Castbox | Google Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Pandora | Player FM | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS Feed
In this episode we’re talking about increasing happiness by connecting to nature.
Guest Andreas Weber is a renowned philosopher, biologist, and writer based in Berlin. He is the author of many books, including Matter & Desire: An Erotic Ecology. He has a fascinating and surprising approach: calling for an “erotic” relationship to nature. Weber calls it “erotic ecology” and argues that we have been socialized to have an instrumental view of nature and instead wants us to be in a love relationship with nature.
In this conversation, we talk about how to actually practice erotic ecology, what Weber means when he says love is the foundational principle of reality, how and why to make ourselves “edible,” and how Weber manages his own pessimism when it comes to climate change.
Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install
Where to find Dr. Andreas Weber online:
- Twitter: @biopoetics
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frankandreasweber
- Matter & Desire: An Erotic Ecology
- Biology of Wonder
- Enlivenment: Toward a Poetics for the Anthropocene
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Ten Percent Happier Live: https://tenpercent.com/live
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide: https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
- Free App access for Frontline Workers: https://tenpercent.com/care