#459. 5 Ways To Get Over Yourself | Pascal Auclair
The phrase, “Get over yourself” is often used in a flippant way, but it’s actually speaking to a deep human need to get out of our heads and off our own backs. At a fundamental level, this is what Buddhism is all about— seeing through the illusion of the self, which can be the source of so much of our suffering.
In this episode guest Pascal Auclair talks about how we can unlock this suffering through the use of a foundational Buddhist list called the five aggregates.
Pascal Auclair has been immersed in Buddhist practice and study since 1997. He has been mentored by Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield at the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Massachusetts and Spirit Rock Meditation Center in California, where he is now enjoying teaching retreats. Pascal teaches in North America and in Europe. He is a co-founder of True North Insight and one of their guiding teachers.
In this episode we talk about:
- How the five aggregates got Auclair hooked on Buddhist practice and philosophy
- The five aggregates as a way to work with difficulty
- Living with the non-negotiable prospect of dying
- Paying attention to pleasant, unpleasant and neutral feeling tone
- Meditation training as a way to understand that experiences are conditional
Where to find Pascal Auclair online:
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Jack Kornfield
- Joseph Goldstein
- Anagarika Munindra
- Carl Sagan
- Insight Meditation Society
- Dharma Seed
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- True North Insight
- Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install