Bill Hader on Anxiety, Imposter Syndrome, and Leaning into Discomfort
The star of SNL and Barry discusses how he channels his anxiety into his work. Plus, an imitation of Joseph Goldstein.
Bill Hader has made the transition from being a master of stand-out characters and impressions on eight seasons of Saturday Night Life to becoming a true multi-hyphenate by creating, directing, writing, producing and starring as a burned-out assassin trying to break into Hollywood as an actor in HBO’s award-winning and critically lauded dark comedy, Barry.
Photo Credit: Robert Trachtenberg
In this episode we talk about:
- How Bill deals with anxiety
- His panic attack on live television
- His love of directing and the importance of having the right collaborators
- Zach Braff On: Anxiety, Sobriety, Insomnia, Grief, Social Media, and the Meaning of the Tattoo on His Wrist
- The Zen of Therapy | Mark Epstein
- Nirvana | Joseph Goldstein
Sign up for Dan’s weekly newsletter here
Ten Percent Happier online bookstore
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install