How To Find Meaningful Work in a Rapidly Changing World | Bruce Feiler
Feiler also discusses why we no longer live linear lives, letting go of the idea of having a career, and redefining success.
Bruce Feiler is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers, including Life Is in the Transitions, The Secrets of Happy Families, and Council of Dads. His three TED Talks have been viewed more than four million times, and he teaches the TED Course How to Master Life Transitions. His latest book is called The Search.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Feiler went from being a guy whose early work focused on spirituality to now focusing on work
- How historically work was something that was supposed to make you unhappy. And how Millennials and Gen Z have helped change that
- What is a workquake?
- Why the majority of us actually have 5 jobs— what those are and why they matter
- What is a meaning audit?
- The best single question you can ask yourself to write your own story of success
- And the historical figures who helped define how we think about success
- Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install