#401. How to Embrace the Anti-Diet | Christy Harrison
This episode is the second in our two-part Anti-Diet Series, and features guest Christy Harrison. Christy is an anti-diet registered dietitian and nutritionist, a certified intuitive eating counselor, and a certified eating disorders specialist who has struggled with disordered eating herself. She has come out the other side and written a book called Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness through Intuitive Eating, and in this episode, she discusses how to transform your relationship with food and your body.
This conversation explores Christy’s personal experience with disordered eating, the problems with and deep historical roots of diet culture, the scientific evidence against dieting, and the principles of intuitive eating.
Content warning: This conversation touches on sensitive topics such as eating disorders and body image, some of which might carry an emotional charge for some listeners.
Christy is also the instructor in our brand-new Anti-Diet Challenge over in the Ten Percent Happier app. This seven-day challenge helps you build a better relationship with food and your body and is backed by science and supercharged with meditation.
The Anti-Diet Challenge kicks off on Monday, December 6 in the Ten Percent Happier app. If you’re not already a Ten Percent Happier subscriber, you can join us by starting a free trial that’ll give you access to the challenge, along with our entire app. Click here to get started.
Where to find Christy Harrison online:
- Food Psych Podcast
- Online Courses
- Private Coaching
- The Making Peace with Food Card Deck, co-authored with Judith Matz
Other Resources Mentioned:
- The Ten Principles of Intuitive Eating
- Michael Pollan, on the TPH podcast
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma
- Evelyn Tribole, on the TPH podcast
- Elyse Resch
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach, by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- The Health at Every Size Approach
- Association for Size Diversity and Health
- Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia, by Sabrina Strings
- Isabel Foxen Duke
- If you’re not a TPH subscriber, click here to access the Anti-Diet Challenge with a free trial