Can Anxiety Be a Gift? | Dr. David Rosmarin
This guest says you can thrive with anxiety. And the trick is learning to get comfortable with discomfort.
Dr. David H. Rosmarin is an associate professor at Harvard Medical School, a program director at McLean Hospital, and founder of Center for Anxiety, which services over 1,000 patients/year in multiple states. His most recent book is Thriving with Anxiety: 9 Tools to Make Your Anxiety Work for You.
In this episode we talk about:
- The difference between anxiety and stress
- How anxiety and distress can, paradoxically, improve our relationships with ourselves and others
- Why he’s a proponent of exposure therapy
- How anxiety can be transmuted into love
- Why we often use anger to cover up fear and anxiety
- And the spiritual benefit of thinking the worst
Sign up for Dan’s weekly newsletter here
Ten Percent Happier online bookstore
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install