Become an Active Operator of Your Nervous System | Deb Dana
Practical tools for regulating your nervous system in stressful times.
Deb Dana is a licensed clinical social worker, clinician, and consultant who specializes in working with complex trauma. She is the author of Anchored: How to Befriend Your Nervous System Using Polyvagal Theory.
In this episode we talk about:
- What polyvagal theory is
- The case for understanding our nervous system
- The practical tools and exercises for changing our nervous system and learning to become more regulated
- The fact that our nervous systems aren’t simply isolated, self-contained phenomena – they are social structures
- Our responsibilities for our own nervous system and the nervous systems of others
Sign up for Dan’s weekly newsletter here
Ten Percent Happier online bookstore
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/tph/podcast-episode/Deb-Dana-rerun
- Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install