#267 How Do You Optimize Your Performance When Everything Sucks? | Pete Carroll & Michael Gervais
How do you optimize your performance when life is utterly disrupted by a pandemic? Are optimism and confidence trainable skills? Can we get over our fear of other people’s opinions? These are some of the questions we tackle in this episode. We have two guests. Pete Carroll is our first interviewee who has a Superbowl ring. He’s been the coach of the Seattle Seahawks for ten seasons. He’s also the co-author and co-founder of Compete to Create, which is many things: a firm that works with companies to create high-performing teams, an online course that anyone can take, and a new Audible Original audio book. Coach Pete’s partner in all of this is our other guest. Michael Gervais is a high performance psychologist who has worked with MVPs from every major sport and Fortune 100 CEOs. He’s also the host of a podcast called Finding Mastery.
Where to find Pete Carroll online:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachpetecarroll/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/petecarroll/
- Compete to Create Audiobook: https://www.amazon.com/Compete-Create-Approach-Leading-Authentically/dp/B08911JMJX
Where to find Michael Gervais online:
- Finding Mastery: http://smarturl.it/finding-mastery
On July 27, we're launching the Summer Sanity Challenge: a free 21 day meditation challenge. The goal here is to help you build resilience so that you are less buffeted by circumstances you can’t control -- and are therefore calmer, happier, and better prepared to show up the way you want to for your family and your communities.
To join the challenge, you can visit tenpercent.com/challenge.
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Compete to Create: https://competetocreate.net/