#615. Nutrition Advice for People Who Don't Want to Go on a Diet | Rachael Hartley
If you want to opt out of diet culture, then what should you actually eat?
Today's guest is endeavoring to answer this question. Rachel Hartley is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and the author of a book called Gentle Nutrition: A Non-Diet Approach to Healthy Eating.
In this episode we talk about:
- The basics of intuitive eating
- Her thoughts on whether or not we should weigh ourselves
- Whether or not adopting intuitive eating means living with your face in a cookie jar forever
- How her work has influenced her own body image
- The eight guidelines of gentle nutrition
- Her provocative contention that “the healthiest choice isn’t always the most nutritious choice”
- Her take on some of the critiques of intuitive eating
- Her thoughts on trendy new weight loss drugs like Ozempic
Where to find Rachael Hartley online:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RHartleyRD
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rachaelhartleyrd/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rachaelhartleyrd/
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Upcoming TPH live show in Boston
- Dan’s conversation with Evelyn Tribole: https://radiopublic.com/ten-percent-happier-with-dan-harr-WwE9m8/s1!cd2e5
Want to Be on Ten Percent Happier?
Do you have a favorite episode of the show? One that’s stuck in your head because of a wisdom bomb dropped by a guest or Dan? Maybe someone articulated a problem that resonated with you, or sparked a new habit that’s the best part of your day? We want to hear about it!Here’s how you can help us uncover these hidden gems.
- Call +1 508-656-0540
- Tell us your name and favorite episode
- In a couple of sentences, tell us why this episode hit home for you
Your episode and story may be part of our new “Deep Cuts” series, where we’re giving our listeners the chance to pick the programming and share their insights. Happy dialing.