The Myth of the Dream Job | Simone Stolzoff
Balancing happiness and ambition is a challenge, especially if you often define yourself by your work. Stolzoff covers why it’s good to have a job that’s simply good enough.
Simone Stolzoff is the author of The Good Enough Job: Reclaiming Life from Work. He is a designer and workplace expert from San Francisco, and a former design lead at the global innovation firm IDEO. His work has been featured in The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, and many other publications. He is a graduate of Stanford and The University of Pennsylvania.
In this episode we talk about:
- His argument for diversifying our sources for what makes a meaningful life
- How passion for your job shouldn’t be a stand-in for pay or security
- And how to balance the pursuit of meaningful work without letting it take over your life
For tickets to TPH's live and live streamed event in Colorado on November 3:
- Download the Ten Percent Happier app today: https://10percenthappier.app.link/install
Want to Be on Ten Percent Happier?
Do you have a favorite episode of the show? One that’s stuck in your head because of a wisdom bomb dropped by a guest or Dan? Maybe someone articulated a problem that resonated with you, or sparked a new habit that’s the best part of your day? We want to hear about it!Here’s how you can help us uncover these hidden gems.
- Call +1 508-656-0540
- Tell us your name and favorite episode
- In a couple of sentences, tell us why this episode hit home for you
Your episode and story may be part of our new “Deep Cuts” series, where we’re giving our listeners the chance to pick the programming and share their insights. Happy dialing.