Best of the Archives: This Thanksgiving, How to Make Gratitude More Than a Platitude | DaRa Williams
Can gratitude be more than just a platitude? Our guest today argues: yes.
DaRa Williams is a longtime practitioner and teacher of meditation. She is one of the guiding teachers at Insight Meditation Society, a graduate of the Spirit Rock Insight Meditation Society Teacher Training Program, and also has a clinical mental health private practice in Manhattan. DaRa also says, only semi-facetiously, that she believes gratitude can be considered the fifth Brahma Vihara.
In this conversation we talk about:
- How to start knitting gratitude into your everyday life
- Whether gratitude is possible when everything sucks
- How to avoid spiritual bypass
- The opportunity that suffering brings for happiness
- How to take our suffering less personally
- The power of reminding yourself that you are nature
- And our unconscious fascination with creating difficulty
Where to find DaRa Williams online: