Sharon Salzberg Takes on the Cliches: Authenticity, Love, and Being Your Own BFF
A towering figure in the meditation world, Sharon Salzberg is a prominent teacher & New York Times best-selling author. She has played a crucial role bringing mindfulness and lovingkindness practices to the West.
Sharon co-founded the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) alongside Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield and is the author of nine books, including Lovingkindness, Real Happiness, and the most recent Finding Your Way: Meditations, Thoughts, and Wisdom for Living an Authentic Life. Sharon lives in New York City and teaches around the world.
In this episode we talk about:
- What Sharon means by “an authentic life”
- Learning to be your own BFF
- How the notion of self-love squares with the Buddhist notion of emptiness
- Why it can be harder to receive love and help than to give it
- Sharon Salzberg, “Real Love”
Where to find Sharon Salzberg online:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sharonsalzberg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SharonSalzberg/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sharonsalzberg/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SharonSalzbergVideo